Sunday, August 24, 2008

SHARRETT, TERRY (NYGARD)

Port Orchard, WA

Spouse: Jim
Children: Erin- 18

As my son graduated this past June and his life is undergoing changes, I feel my life is also undergoing changes. My past eighteen years had been dedicated to nurturing, loving and catering to him (and Jim, too, of course) and now I have the rest of my life to do what Jim and I want to do. Wow…. I am still working at Port Orchard United Methodist Church – downtown Port Orchard. I have worked there since ‘83. My main function at the church is to keep the congregation happy – not an easy task in this new era of change in worship rituals and music. My long term goals are to continue to be close with my family (ten of us just got back from a ten day vacation), to keep active (just learning to golf), to keep my mind working (belong to a book club) and to be the best person I can be (trying to do what God wants me to do). Meanwhile I am trying to grow old(er) gracefully.
*Unable to attend Saturday night – be there Friday

No comments: