Sunday, August 24, 2008

SHARP, RANDY

Tullahoma, TN

Spouse: Lori
Children: Dallas- 17, Brandi- 16, Alexander- 5

Sorry I lost touch with everyone. After graduating from the “blue zoo” (AF Academy) in ‘77 with a BS in Civil Engineering did ten plus years flying and engineering with the Air Force in California, South Dakota and England. Got my Civil Engineering License in ‘83 (tho I’m still just a frustrated architect at heart) and a Masters in Mechanical Engineering from Boston University in ‘84. Spent five years working in England with a RED HORSE outfit (like the Navy’s SeaBees) building racquetball courts (yep) and runway repair sites. Came back stateside in ‘84, to manage construction upgrading B-52 bomber facilities at Ellsworth AFB, SD; for the then new B-1B bomber. Left the Air Force in ‘87 as a Captain to pursue the exciting civilian opportunities in the aerospace world. Headed for Edwards AFB with Computer Sciences Corporation (SCS) to assist with B-2 test facility construction and fight test (oooh! Black box stuff! – I could tell you more but I’d have to kill ya!) Spent the next eight years at Edwards doing flight test, construction, and broadening my horizons by branching out into the world of environment support. Almost finished my MS in Environmental Engineering before heading to Tennessee!!?? Now I head up the Design Engineering support to Arnold AFB in TN (jet engines and wind tunnels testing and such) and here I am!

Along the way I was married in ‘77 ad divorced in ‘87 because the ex didn’t want kids, just more $$$. Remarried in ‘91 to my lovely Lori and had an instant family with Dallas (now seventeen and a half) and Brandi (sixteen) and blessed with AJ (Alexander James) in ‘93 and the rest is history. We have a golden retriever (Allie) and a Siamese cat (Sasha), too many bills and spend our summers on the local lakes water skiing and playing with the boat we hauled all the way from California with us. But enough about me –let me hear from you guys!! SOON!!

No comments: