Sunday, August 24, 2008

BOUDREAUX, LOUIS

Irvine, CA

Spouse: Sherri
Children: Nicolas- 4, Lindsey- 20 months

Upon graduating from SKHS, I attended Central Washington State College (now CWU) and participated in Cross County and Track. I lettered in all four years in each and set several records. My biggest accomplishment was making the All American Team in ‘76. I finished 20th out of 375 runners. After graduating in ‘77, I spent the next eight years in the USMC. I saw many things that the average person would never see in Port Orchard. I spent time in Camp Pendleton, CA; Okinawa, Japan; and Korea. My last three years, I was an instructor at OCS in Quantico, VA.

In September, ‘85, I left the USMC and went to work for Nissan Motor Corp. in Aurora, IL. I spent about fourteen months there and was transferred to the distribution center in Costa Mesa, CA. I did spend some time in the reserve unit in Joliet, IL and one training session our unit went to Narvic, Norway for two weeks. After about three years there in Costa Mesa, I left Nissan and joined the ranks of Toyota in Torrance, CA. I have been here for the last eight years.

Right now, I spend my time watching my four year old (Nicolas) and my twenty month old (Lindsey) grow up. I suppose I got started late but this was not a race. Suppose that some of you have grandchildren older!

So far the kids have been a source of fun. I wonder if that will change when they get to their teens. Somewhere in the house is the “Kid Instructional Manual”. I suppose when I find it, the parenting job will be easier.

For some for some of the activities that I have done over the past twenty-five year: I have enjoyed traveling and seeing some of the unusual places, besides the garden spots the USMC sends you to. No matter where you travel to, there is no place lie home.

I have made seventeen skydives in IL and CA. The most dangerous part is the plane ride up to 5,000 feet. The most difficult part is going last; go first it is easier. The best part is the slow drift down to earth. I also have a certification for SCUBA, a different type of diving. Hawaii was by far the best place to go diving. This was my way of keeping busy. I managed to squeeze in some hunting and fishing. Best fishing trip was to a series of lakes by the Hudson Bay. The Northern Pike fishing was fantastic. Next will be the Yukon and Alaska. Second best trip was hand line fishing on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

What I look forward to the most is when the family gets a little older and taking them to some of the places that I’ve been and exploring others. Who know? Maybe I’ll see some of you there.

To complete the question of what I have been doing the past twenty-five years? Wondering where the time went and saying, “I can’t believe twenty-five years have gone by.”

No comments: